Wednesday, June 15, 2016

What to Write About?

Hello everyone!

Honestly this week I don't really know what to tell you. Elder Williams and I have been rippin it up, and we've been seeing a lot of blessings, especially in working with members. One single adult named Erick who's preparing to go on a mission leaves with us any day we want, plus one of the brothers who was the last stake president and his son are both super willing to help out. Almost everyone we've been working with are part-member families, so we have a lot of support from the ward leaders too, since we'll be reactivating and baptizing at the same time. 

Right now we're teaching a less active member named Fernando and his wife Lisa who isn't member. She just had a baby so she's still in her rest period, but she's super anxious to go to church again and this week they should go. She has a baptismal date for July 2nd.

Something I pondered a lot about this week, and I've put into practice is the simplicity of the 13 articles of faith and the principles they teach. Sometimes I struggle to explain gospel principles in a clear and direct way, but I've been studying the articles of faith and using them in lessons. I noticed that the first six are almost directly related to the principles in Lesson 1 and are so straightforward and obviously biblically based that they are undeniable truths. The hard of heart will always deny spiritual truths, but the articles of faith are truly inspired by God and I know they are true.

Love you all!

-Elder Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment