Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Volcan de Ipala Round 2

Hello everyone!

Hiking Volcan de Ipala
Well, today we went and hiked the volcano again, but we did it a bit earlier so I actually have time to write today! It was wonderful, but it was really hot coming back down! On top there's wind and shade, but on the trail there's little of the two. But it was so worth it!

Gregorio is still 100% ready and willing to be baptized, and he is determined to conquer the coffee this week. He already dropped it by 80% and he has told his wife not to put any in front of him anymore so the temptation goes away. He is an amazingly faithful and humble man, with all the desire and determination one would need to make the changes necessary to become a disciple of Christ!

The District!
This week I also have learned how to be more loving. I did divisions with Elder Neal who is a super loving guy, who always has something special to say to each person so they can feel the spirit in that moment. Sometimes as a missionary I strive more to teach the doctrine concisely and directly, but I don't seek the guide of the spirit to adapt it to the people's needs. Elder Neal is a great example of a loving missionary guided by the spirit.

What can we do to be more loving and follow the spirit to touch the lives of others?

I love you all and hope you have a great week!


-Elder Jackson


New Companion Elder Martinez
Dear Mom,
That's awesome what Brian is doing for study abroad in Europe, and Hyrum's going to prom.

I'm still doing great and working hard. Trying not to remember that I only have 2 and a half months left... It's not that I don't want to finish my mission, because I'll also be happy to move to the next chapter of my life, but I still can't believe that this chapter is already coming to a close! I'll be sure not to finish it with any cliffhangers. It'll be a nice, epic, wrapped-up ending full of contentment and satisfaction :).

Love you so much!

-Ben

Old Companion - Elder Williams
Ben's Comps Alvarado - Williams - Martinez

Beach in a volcano?

No comments:

Post a Comment