Monday, May 23, 2016

The Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses Families

Hello Everyone!

This week I decided to be like my older brother Brian and I thought it would be a great idea to break my foot right towards the end of my mission! Actually it wasn't intentional and it's not really broken, just fissured. We were playing soccer and I went to kick the ball and kicked another elder's foot at full force, bending my toenail completely backwards, and causing a minor fracture in my big toe. It wasn't too bad though because I can already walk normal even though the hospital gave me a boot. So don't freak out too much Mom ;) [wink right back at him, I don’t freak out, just slowly shake my head…]

On another note, our investigator Junior is progressing a ton and is really excited to be baptized this Sunday! He has had a lot of problems with some of the commandments, but is really committed to abandoning all his sins to follow Jesus Christ. His repentance is sincere and there has been a change in him. Also our investigators Jesus and Wendy are progressing like crazy too! They have a lot of family problems, but this week was Family Week so there were activities in the chapel every night, and they went to 3 of them including the marriage night! They have been changing as well and will be baptized as soon as the can work out their marital status. He is married to someone else but is separated. Please pray that everything can be worked out in an effective manner so they can live the Gospel in its fullness. Gregorio, our convert is also preparing to take his son's name to the temple this weekend to do the baptism for him!

In all this week I've thought a lot about how the gospel blesses families. It's one of the basics that we teach every day in the mission, but literally it's the central purpose of God's plan. To be like God means having an eternal family, therefore it is the most essential part of our mortal life. If we had never come here to Earth we would have never had the chance to have a family. Without Christ it wouldn't be possible either. Without the priesthood authority families could never hope to stay together forever. Without church organization and home life families would never successfully overcome the trials and temptations that come from mortal life. Without the temple we would never return to God's presence. I have seen how the gospel is blessing the lives of Gregorio, Jesus, Wendy, and Junior. I have seen how the gospel has blessed me and my family. I am eternally grateful for my parents, for teaching me the plan of Salvation and teaching me to follow Jesus Christ. He is the only way to eternal life and perfection, and the only way to an eternal family.

I love you all and wish you the best!

-Elder Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment