Wednesday, May 11, 2016

"May" I just say I love Baptisms!!?

Hello Everyone!

Gregorio Baptism
The week of a baptism is always amazing! Gregorio was going to be baptized Saturday, but for stake conference none of the members could be there, so we rescheduled it for Sunday afternoon. He went all the way to Jalapa (an hour and a half bus ride) with us to stake conference, and when we got back he was waiting outside the chapel like an hour before his baptism would start. I have loved seeing how the Lord has worked in his life these last few weeks, and most of all I have loved seeing how he has allowed the Lord to make those changes! 

Ex-Companions at Mission Council
If there's one thing I've learned it's that agency is everything. So many people now days try to shove all the responsibility and guilt on God. "I'll go to church when God tells me to." "I'll repent when God makes me feel the need to do it." "God willing I'll pray and ask Him." The choice is ours, not His. Gregorio made those choices, and has received a remission of his sins, opening the door to the heavens. Jesus Christ puts the key in, we decide to turn the knob.

I'm so grateful I made the decision to serve a mission. God has used me, despite my weaknesses, to change the life of others, and that has changed me. I am humbled to be His servant. I have been humbled to the point of being a true servant. Jesus Christ is my master, and although I may not always be the most profitable servant, I hope to have the joy of kneeling myself at His feet to thank Him for this opportunity to be at least a small difference in the world.

Standard of Liberty for Zone training
I love you all and pray for you often!


-Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment