Monday, May 16, 2016

Families - Gotta Catch 'em All!

Hello Friends and Family!

So yesterday Gregorio was confirmed as well as an investigator of the sisters who was baptized on Saturday. He has both of his legs amputated a little bit below the knee, so we sat him in a chair to perform the ordinance! He is another man like Gregorio with a lot of faith and determination to do what God asks of him. 

So our challenge for this month and next is to find 2 families to baptize so they can be sealed next year in the temple. I've really felt that I will have the privilege to see that happen since I haven't really had the opportunity to baptize a whole family before, but I know that if I give my all this last stretch. We already have one family that we are working with; the Reyes Lopez family. Jesus and Wendy are the parents and Abner and Beyonce are their 2 children older than 8. They also have one little one. Wendy is ready and willing to do what it takes to live the gospel, but Jesus is still hesitant due to his drinking habits, and a bit of pride, but he has gone to church the past 2 weeks and reads what we leave him. He has had an unfortunate life which has convinced him that he is a bad person, but I actually used that quote from Harry Potter in our last lesson with them that says "you're not a bad person, you're a very good person who's had a lot of bad things happen to you" :P Honestly he is a really great guy, and in the short time we have knowing them, he has changed in a lot of ways. Please pray for Jesus and Wendy so they can work through their trials and arrange their lives so they can get married and baptized soon.

Families can be forever, and I've learned that that's truly the whole central purpose of being here on earth. Everything has to do with it, and that truth has to do with everything Jesus Christ taught. I love the gospel and I love this time God has given me to give my brothers and sisters the same hope I have.


Have a wonderful week and know that I love you all! :D

Elder Jackson


Dear Mom,
That's crazy that everything is gonna be so different when I get back! I was hoping to at least have President Hollingsworth still since Bishop Anderson was released, but I guess not huh. [tri Stake Conference for Austin area on June 5th. Adding a fourth Stake and possibly new wards.... hastening time!]

This week was interviews with President Caffaro, and Sister Caffaro said something that almost made me cry. I know it's a miracle right? She mentioned that it was my last set of normal interviews before the big one, and she told me how proud she was of the growth and changes I've made over the course of my mission. She said she's seen me grow from a boy to a man, and that even though I've passed through some hard times, I have proved that I can do hard things and come out victorious. She told me that she is sure that I have done my best and haven't given up, and that's what God will remember. She is definitely my second mom now.

I love you so much mom and I pray for you and the family always,

-Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment