Monday, March 14, 2016

Gringo Groupies

Hello everybody!

So my new companion is another gringo, from my group! He's Elder Williams from Orem, Utah and he came into the field with me but to the MTC with the Latinos because he already knew a lot of Spanish. It's awesome because he is also going to BYU so we'll get to see each other afterwards too!

Here in Jutiapa it's been getting hotter in preparation for Semana Santa (Holy Week) which is always one of the hottest weeks of the year.

The blessing of this week was an investigator named Luis. He's already elderly and has had smoking problems his whole life. He was already listening to the missionaries before I got here but we weren't visiting him very frequently, though we had challenged him to go from smoking almost 2 packs a day to just 5 a day. Elder Williams and I went by the second day and we taught him, where he told us that he had only been smoking about 3 or 4 a day, so we challenged to just smoke 2 a day. On Friday we visited him again and told us that he had only smoked 2 that day! Although he is old and has many difficulties, he has the faith to change, and that has inspired me this week.

Also just so you know my old comp and cousin Elder Gee went from here to being assistant to the president! He was an amazing companion and I learned a lot from him. After the mission we'll have to get together with his grandpa and Grandma Judy to verify that we're actually related!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

-Elder Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment