Monday, November 30, 2015

Family Reunion

Hello everybody!

District Lunch
Today I'm gonna have a family reunion! Elder Caal and I will be going to one of his old areas to say goodbye (for a little while cuz he only lives 4 hours away) to the people he met and baptized there. It also happens that my old companions Elder Alvarado and Elder Loría are companions right now, and Elder Loría was also in that same ward with my comp, they are both finishing their missions so they are going with us to visit Ciudad Quetzal together. And all 3 of them are my companions, therefore, I am having a family reunion! (Did you guys follow all of that?)

That is a GIGANTIC pizza!
So, we're starting the last week of my comp's mission, and he's pretty nervous. He's in that limbo state of feeling a little baggy [trunky, wanting to go home] but still wanting to work, so I'm trying my best to help him out. He's a great guy and a great missionary. He's honestly been one of my favorite companions and it's a little sad to see him go, but I'll see him soon because he wants to come by again around Christmas time to visit, and for the baptism we have planned!

For almost 3 weeks we haven't been able to visit Cindy, our investigator whose husband is a member and who just had a baby, because of complications in his work and other obstacles put in the way by Satan, and we were beginning to think that they didn't want us to come by anymore. But then on Friday he called us and told us that she had been reading the Book of Mormon and that she wanted us to come over, but at a different time because the time we normally passed by wasn't working. So we went by yesterday after lunch with a member, but my comp has a cold so for the new baby he couldn't come in. He had to stay in the garage while the member and I taught the lesson... poor guy. But the lesson we had was super spiritual, she has an extremely sincere desire to know if the church is true, and she has been
I know who is up to eating all of it!
greatly impacted by her husband's example. Even though he has passed a long time inactive, his desires and principles that he's always kept have been the key to her desire to learn and come to church. She accepted the challenge to be baptized December 26th!

That was this week's miracle  :D

Love you guys!

-Elder Ben Jackson

Dear Mom,
Well, I was on divisions for Thanksgiving, and Elder Noack and I bought some ramen noodles for dinner... but the members that made us lunch made some amazing spiral spaghetti and alfredo chicken that reminded me of your cooking :). It was so good I had to get a whole other plateful of seconds. I miss your food sometimes mom. I love the food here, but there's just nothing that beats the way you cook :)

Love you tons!

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment