Monday, November 23, 2015

Grateful

Hello Everyone!

[This one is to me but a great view of his apartment!]
Seeing as Thanksgiving (a holiday that they really don't celebrate here) is this week, I'll just mention some of things I'm grateful for. First off I'm super grateful for this opportunity to preach the gospel in Guatemala. It's an experience that I will never forget. Also, I am thankful for all the prophets that have ever lived, because if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have the Bible or the Book of Mormon, or the Gospel of Jesus Christ in general. I am thankful for the Holy Ghost, who has been my constant companion ever since I received the Gift of the Holy Ghost when I was 8. If it wasn't for him, I don't know where I'd be now. I am thankful for my companion Elder Caal, who has been a great friend and support to me in the short time that I've been in this area. I am thankful for all of the wonderful people that have come into my life since I came here to Guatemala, so many people who have changed me for the better, and so many people who I have seen change through the amazing and infinite atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ. I am infinitely grateful and forever in debt to Him for the greatest gift that anyone has ever given in all of eternity: that same atoning sacrifice. 

I love the words to the hymn "I Stand All Amazed", and the Spanish translation of the chorus gives it a slightly different feel: 
"Cuan asombroso es que por amarme así muriera él por mi. cuan asombroso es, lo que dio por mi"
 “How wonderful it is that He should love me so enough to die for me. How wonderful it is, that which He gave for me."
He didn't just care for me, He loved me enough to give me everything He had. He lived for me, He died for me, and He lives now for me. That is truly wonderful to me.

So those are just some of the many things I'm grateful for :)

Love you guys!

-Elder Jackson



Dear Mom,
First off... HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!! (imagine with great opera voice)

Here, instead of district meeting, we call it district counsel. I like to make it a participation thing and an actual counsel, where everyone pitches in. Sometimes I assign one or 2 of the companionships to give a little workshop, or we just discuss the ideas that we have found successful, and what hasn't worked too well for us in our areas. I also like to prepare or assign a game or activity to keep it fun.

I write Jess little notes every once in a while about some of the things she mentions in her emails. I'm going to enjoy spending time with her after the mission.

Sorry if my emails are sometimes kinda dry. I try to think of interesting things to talk about, but I honestly lose track of a lot of things during the week. I'm caught up so much in my area and my responsibilities as district leader that it all just jumbles together in a big hunk of junk labeled "missionary work". It's not junk, but you get the figurative speech  ;)

I hope this was better and more informative!

-Ben :D


No comments:

Post a Comment