Thursday, October 15, 2015

Trials


¡Hola!

Well this week has been a bit of a trial week. I feel a lot like some of the ancient prophets when they were saddened by the hardness of the hearts of the people. It just so happens that it has been our lot to contact some of the most sour people I've met in my whole mission recently. But I don't even get angry anymore; all I can feel for them is sorrow. I just want to help them have a good day with a message from Jesus Christ but they throw it in my face. 

It's been a humbling experience. It's helped me think a lot more about Christ's atonement. He was beaten, betrayed, spit upon, scourged, forsaken, nailed to a tree, and hung on a cross. Elder Oaks asked a question in general conference: "Why did Christ suffer all?" My response is this. So that we can do all. I can continue contacting rude harsh people every day because I know He has felt the same humiliation when they smote Him in the cheek and spat upon Him. I can walk nonstop every day because He has felt the same pain in His feet when they drove nails into them.

All I can feel is gratitude for what Jesus Christ suffered. Again as Elder oaks said, "His suffering results in our succoring" His atonement is everything to me and thanks to Him I can do hard things. Someone else in the conference said, "Hard can be good". I like that quote.

Love you guys! Have a great week!

-Elder Jackson



Dear Mom and Dad,
My time as DL [district leader] has been good. A little stressful at times, but I'm enjoying it. I only have one pair of elders to do divisions with, because the other 4 missionaries in my district are sisters. I should take more time to think about what I learn in divisions. A lot of elders just do them cuz we have to, but they don't look for a purpose. My 2 best zone leaders taught me the importance of having a purpose for divisions, and I would like to put it into practice. 

I love you muchísisisimo :)
-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment