Monday, October 19, 2015

The Rains Came Down and the Floods Came Up!

Hello everyone!

Marvin and Heidy's Baptism
Well, the rain came back with a vengeance right as the rainy season should have been ending! We've had almost 3 days straight of nonstop rain, and my poor broken shoes can't handle any more water logging. I guess I should buy new ones but I've discovered that I'm quite "codo" (elbow in Spanish, but it also means stingy).

But aside from us getting wet, there were also 2 other people that wanted to get wet. Our 16 year old buddy Marvin, and Heidy, an investigator of the sisters were both baptized on Saturday! They also both wanted me to baptize them so I got to get wet too! This week has been a really great week. There are still many difficulties in the area and in the district, but I am truly thankful for everything that has happened.

Elder Caal, Marvin, Elder Ben
I am learning a lot in this area personally. I have discovered that I can do a lot of things better than I thought. Basically the first year of my mission was discovering my weaknesses, which are many, but now I feel the strength of the Savior much stronger, and through His atonement, He has shown me that I can overcome them. Some things have been an immediate change since I came to this area, and others I know will still take some more time, but I know now more than ever that I am a child of God. If I wasn't, I wouldn't still be here. I would have given up a long time ago. But I have a loving Father who is by my side, guiding me and supporting me through all t
hat life has to throw at me. If I could put what I've learned into one short phrase it would be this: I am loved.

And I love you too! Have a great week!

-Elder Jackson
Heidy and Sister Misionaries



No comments:

Post a Comment