Monday, September 14, 2015

The Atonement

Hello everybody!

Well, I can't think of much to tell of the week's happenings, other than the Zone Conference that we had on Friday. First off, I sang a solo of Abide with Me Tis Eventide but in Spanish, and the overall theme was the Atonement. The Atonement has 2 powers; the redeeming power and the enabling power. The redeeming power that "swallows up the sting of death and Hell", or Christ's power over physical and spiritual death. The enabling power that gives us the strength to support the trials of life and continue on the path that leads to eternal life. 

We studied a lot in Alma 7, and what I was able to feel as we read Alma's prophesy about the Messiah was the difference in wording that we get to use as we apply it to ourselves. Instead of saying that He will come and that He will take upon Him death, we have the privilege of saying that He already came and that He already took upon Him death. In that moment I could feel so strongly that it was true. I felt His arms around me as if He were saying, "Yes, I already did it, and I did it for you. Now what will you do for me?" I am committed to feel the power of the Atonement every day by doing His will and following His commandments. Apply the Atonement every day by living the Gospel and you will feel strength, and you will feel forgiveness.
“And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.” Alma 7:12
Love you guys!
-Elder Jackson




Dear Mom,
My week was a good week, though the Castellanos Family is struggling a lot so they need even more prayers. Shenny is awesome and is going to be baptized on Sunday! A girl from the ward got her mission call to Temple Square and reports in January. I told her she was going to the states but she said she was scared of going there. Looks like she has to face her fears.

Love you Mom!! xoxoxoxo
-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment