Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Baptism!



Hello friends and family!

Doris' Baptism
We had a baptism on Saturday! Doris Garcia de Meza is the one who got married a month ago to her husband who is a less active brother but who is becoming active again. They are both amazing people and I am so happy to see their family completed. Now it's just a year away to hear about their sealing in the temple!

Also on Wednesday we had a small family activity in the chapel with some of the members and five of our really pilas investigators came! We played some games and enjoyed time together as family. It was a great success! 

She was baptized by the bishop
One of the best parts of the week was Friday morning when we got to see a broadcast from El Salvador and listened to Elder Russell M. Nelson and other general authorities. Elder Nelson is super funny, and he they taught us so many things. As part of his talk he mentioned what he considers some of the most important doctrinal topics of the gospel. His top five that he wanted to emphasize were The Abrahamic Covenant, Covenants, Tithing, The Atonement, and Endowments. So I've been studying these topics recently and it's been really awesome. I would encourage you all to study into them as well. Your knowledge and testimony of the gospel will definitely increase.

Love you guys,

-Elder Jackson


Celebrating with Snickers!
Dear Family,
Brother Castellanos is the one, aside from his son, that has the biggest desire to go to church. His difficulty is his work. We have been thinking of a way to suggest that he look for another job where he can go every week. Thank you for your prayers, we have seen the miracles as a result of them :)

My chikungunya is gone. I only had it like three or four days. My comp and I shared the symptoms, because I got the allergy in my skin and the fever, and my comp got the aches in his bones

I love you guys so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment