Monday, April 20, 2015

Divisions Overload & Work Supercharge

Hello everyone!

Well, this week my comp and I got a supercharge in our area! On Wednesday we had divisions with the traveling assistants, who don't have an area, they just do divisions every day with all the missionaries in the mission. So there were 4 of us working in our area and we had a really good day. Then on Friday we had divisions with the Zone Leaders, and I stayed in the area with Elder Gudiel, and we had another great day. Then in the morning he and Elder Hart his comp stayed with us to plan and help us form a vision of what we want to accomplish in the area this change (We just started a new change on Tuesday, but Elder Cuello and I were the only companionship in the zone that didn't have changes). He and I are now pumped and ready to burn the area this change. That's a reference to the parable of the wheat field.

I had a really great experience Thursday morning when Elder and Sister Daly came to our house. They are the senior couple assigned to teach English to the Latinos in the mission. Well, Sister Daly teaches while Elder Daly tells jokes and shares stories on the side. But on Thursday he and I talked a lot about repentance, intelligence, and temple ordinances, and eternal life. He was a stake president before, and I can see the wisdom and knowledge he has as a result every time I talk with him. In the scriptures such as in Moses 1:39: "For behold, this is my work and my glory- to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man"

We read many times the phrase eternal life, but do we really understand what it means? Thanks to modern revelation in Doctrine and Covenants 19:10-12, we can discover that Endless is His name, and "Endless is God's punishment". Just as Endless is God's life and reward to the faithful. So to live an endless and eternal life is to live the life of a God. Therefore, eternal life literally means, "the life of a God" So replace in Moses the phrase eternal life with "god-like life", and see how the purpose of this life and God's desire for us becomes much clearer.

"For behold, this is my work and my glory; to bring to pass the immortality and god-like life of man"

We are destined to become even as God is; endless and eternal. Maybe we complain that God's path is too hard, that it's not worth all the things we have to give up. But look at the final destination of that path. Is that not worth it? To me it sure is. If all I have to do is give up a few short years of carnal pleasures to live in perfect joy with my family for time and all eternity, that is much more than a fair trade. In fact it's almost unfair, and the advantage is on our side. God asks very little of us, but He gives us all that He has, if we want it.

Til next week! I love you all and you are in my prayers!


Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment