Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Down with Sickness

Hello everyone!
Don't worry, I'm not very sick, just a bit of a cold and a bit of food poisoning, but I'm fine now. If you ever come to Guatemala, don't ever eat pizza from Al Macarone's. It made me sick the two times I ate it. 
 
My comp also has a case of baggysela. That's a spoof of the Spanish word for chicken pox that we all use for when people get baggy [or homesick]. He's still working, but he is getting pretty baggy, which is normal for someone in their last change. Plus our comedor just got back from a trip to El Salvador and went right through his city, so they were talking about it all morning. Poor guy. I just gotta keep helping him stay focused and working, but I'm also still learning the area so I can't quite take initiative yet. Patience.

Recently I have been thinking a lot about being positive and seeking the will of the Lord in the little things. Being positive because, well, my comp is going home in a month . Seeking the will of the Lord because I've been feeling a little lost and just going through the motions, but I want to let Him guide me more. All we have to do is ask, and He will give it to us. He wants to guide us, but we have to ask for His help first. The Lord loves every one of us and is always there for us. 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Elder Benjamin Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment