Tuesday, January 27, 2015

New Beginnings

Hello Everyone!
Where he was and where he went....
New area, new comp! I am in an area called Venezuela and am more inside the capital, on the south side instead of the northwest. My comp is Elder Vasquez from El Salvador and he's dying this change! [which means he will go home at the end of this next 6 weeks!] I'll be helping him out to keep working hard. He's a good worker, but the last change is hard, so I've heard. The area is good, and the members have a desire to help out in the work, so we've had a good first week. I was pretty sick for the first few days though. I don't know what I ate, but in the first visit with one of the members, I threw up in their bathroom... 

[ah, Brian can relate...every time he moved in Mexico he got sick]

Today we had a conference with 5 general authorities! Elder Christiansen of the Presidency of the Seventy, Elder Anderson of the Seventy, and The Area Presidency, Elder Duncan, Elder Alonso, and Elder Ochoa. It was really cool! All their wives were there too of course. After they gave short talks, they opened it up to questions, where anyone of them, including President Caffaro and President Cox of the CCM gave answers as they felt inspired. It was a spiritually bombarding experience. Those men really are called of God and they really are witnesses of Jesus Christ. I know they don't need to have seen Him to be powerful. They know it because they recognize how the spirit works in their lives. 

Each one of us can be powerful witnesses of Him too if we learn to recognize how the Holy Ghost speaks to us. I am still learning to hear and act on his promptings, but with patience and prayer I know that I and every one of us can become unbreakable in the testimony that Jesus is the Christ, that He lives, and that as we apply the Atonement in our lives we can put off the natural man and become even as God. I dunno about you, but I want to be with God spme day. So what are we willing to do to obtain that promise?

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Benjamin Jackson



Dear family,
Hello! This week really has been good, though a lot different form my first area. It's A LOT smaller, and the people here are generally more wealthy, which has its pros and cons. 

Yeah I email Jamison off and on. I'll definitely tell him to watch out for an Elder Frogley. Shouldn't be too difficult. I also knew Summer a little and that's awesome that she is in Frankfurt! Jess, you should find her.
Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment