Monday, December 1, 2014

Week of Forgotten Events...

Hello!
His District at Mixco Viejo
I honestly can't remember what happened this week. It was a good week, but everything slipped out of my mind. Well, on Monday we made tones and ponche with a member. Tones are tortillas filled with beans and cooked. Then you put guacamole, radish, lemon, and salsa on it and shove it your throat as fast as you can so can get to the next one. They're delicious. Ponche is a Christmas favorite. It's a hot drink with papaya, coconut, platanos, apples, cinnamon, and a bunch of other fruits all boiled into it. Also amazing. Tuesday we had our district P-day and went to Mixco Viejo. It's the largest Mayan ruins site in our mission and it's pretty cool. We had a great time taking photos and playing games. My district is awesome.

Mixco Viejo - Mayan Ruins
In the mission work, we had a good week. We found some really cool investigators and I am excited to work more with them. I don't think we are going to have a baptism before Elder Bankhead leaves, but I am very grateful for these two changes with my "dad". He is a really great missionary and he has a heart of gold. I always feel in debt to him because he loves to buy things for other people. Especially his comps. He is also humble. He loves to joke around a lot, but he recognizes ways that he can improve and become better and is willing to do them. He is a bit impatient sometimes, but that's where I come in. I help him not get frustrated and take a step back. I can testify that patience truly is a virtue, and I am eternally grateful to have learned how to apply it effectively. I can't even explain all that I internally understand about patience and how it has helped me, but if one can master patience, the quality of your day to day life, and your understanding of the purpose of this life will increase immeasurably. Things don't always work out, but those moments are lessons that God is waiting to teach you. Trials are how we become more like God. Be happy for trials. It means you are becoming like your Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ is our Savior, this church is His church, and when we do all that He asks of us, we will be saved in the Kingdom of God.
Tall socks in honor of Sister Ochoa who hates them (she's taking pic)

I love you all,
Elder Benjamin Jackson
 
 
Dear family,
I forgot to attach my letter to the other one again. It might be hopeless. You guys had a lot of people for Thanksgiving! We didn't do anything special, but we gave a lot of thanks in our prayers. Saturday night the Sisters had our comedor (food lady) make big plates of spaghetti and we had a competition to eat all of it with no hands, just our faces. I would like to count that as Thanksgiving dinner. The sister missionaries are such a blast. They make fun of our Spanish sometimes, but it's all in good fun.

Thanks for all your prayers and support. I love you all and you are always in my prayers as well. 
Love,

Elder Benjamin Jackson
Walking in each others footsteps! (Sis Ochoa without socks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment