Monday, November 3, 2014

Dead Cold

Hello everyone!
So now it gets cold. Also November 1 is El Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) where everyone buys flowers and goes to the cemetery for a huge fiesta carnival thing to honor their deceased. We didn't know what it was going to be like, so we went to see if we could contact some sad families mourning for their dead and teach them about the Plan of Salvation... Yeah nobody was mourning. But we bought churros and this amazing coconut dulce. So, fittingly, after Saturday it has been super cold. 

This week has been a good week. Pretty slow, and rainy, but there have been some ups. On Friday we visited one of our recent converts who has been struggling with drinking. It had been a while since we had asked him about his progress, so I asked how he was doing. He told me that after he had met with President Flores like we suggested he basically made a covenant that he would not drink one more glass. He couldn't afford it, he said. He couldn't afford to hurt his family anymore, he couldn't afford to use that money that should go to his family for food, he couldn't afford to use the money that he would need to return to his family after working. He's a truck driver so he is often very far away. He is a really amazing man, and in just the short time I have been here I have seen his faith and strength grow tremendously. The Lord can work miracles in us if we let him.

So Hermana Cerrato is one of the sister missionaries that we work with in our area, and she goes home this change. She dies. So, my comp bought one of the many wreaths being sold on El Día de los Muertos, and we gave it to her in honor of her death. We took great pics and had a good time.

I know the Savior lives and loves each one of us. I feel His strength every day. He is my rock and my salvation, and Him will I praise for ever more. Thank you for your support and love.

Have a wonderful week,
Elder Jackson


Dear family, 
Ugh I'm really out of time. I got a lot of emails and I'm really slow at typing as you know. Most of the people here are Catholics only by name. They understand basically nothing of the doctrine or the practices. It's a challenge because we always have to teach very simply. They hoodwink themselves into thinking they can't understand the Word of God. I love you guys so much. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment