Monday, October 20, 2014

Gonna Be a Pro!

Hey everybody!
So this week has been great! We have been working hard and we now have 2 investigators with baptismal dates! Our work is definitely picking up and it's only gonna get better from here, as long as we keep working hard and following the spirit. We also have some really promising investigators that we just need to get back with. We taught the restoration to a man named Jorge, and he was relatively interested for most of it, but then at the end I bore my testimony of Joseph Smith and how he (Jorge) could pray and, just like Joseph Smith, receive a personal witness of the truthfulness of the things we taught. His countenance changed a bit, and when we asked if he would pray that night, he was silent for a little bit, and then said that he would really like to know if it was true. We have another appointment with him on Wednesday and we plan to challenge him to baptism. I know the Lord is preparing people everywhere around the world for us to find and bring to the knowledge of the truth. 

This morning I bought some futbol shoes, and I'm gonna go wreck it up with the zone this afternoon. I'm pretty much already better than Messi. No, the Latinos get a good kick out of my gringo skills. That pun was absolutely intended. I'm not as bad as I thought for basically never playing soccer, but I still have a lot of work to do. I have really come to enjoy futbol even though I didn't like it much before. I'm gonna be playing it a lot, and basically I'll be a pro by the end of my mission. 

I love the Lord, and I am eternally grateful to be a part of His work. I love it here, and I love the people, although they tend to be a bit stubborn up here in San Juan. But no matter, I love that so many of them have such a firm faith in Christ. This is the Lord's work. Right now is the harvest, He has called us to the field to work, to thrust in our sickles, and gather Israel under His wings, to fulfill all the words of the prophets. We are fulfilling prophesy. I love you all, and I wish you all a wonderful week!

Elder Jackson
 
 
Dear family,
This Wednesday we had our greenie meeting. That was really fun and I got to see all the old gang from the CCM. Also, we shared a lot of great advice with each other, and got to ask advice from President and Sister Caffaro. I got the photo album at meeting, so now I have pictures of my entire family, thanks a bunch :). 

Something potentially awesome that I've been meaning to ask you about since the CCM; does Grandma have a brother named Ron Gee? Because if she does, I am most likely related to Elder Gee from my district in the CCM and he's in my zone now. He asked his family but they didn't respond, so I'd really like to know. That would be super crazy cool. He's an amazing missionary. [I just went digging and if Elder Gee's grandpa is named Ronald Keith Gee then Ben and Elder Gee are 4th cousins! Great-great grandpas were brothers, kinda fun!]

Tell me how many dates Hyrum goes on now that he is 16, I'm curious. 
Wow I'm not so sure I want to work for BYU security when I get back and go to BYU. Brian, you truly are spicy hot now [story of Brian getting pepper sprayed in the face as training for security officers]. 

Love you all so much! You guys are the best family I could have ever asked for. And I would like to bet that there were A LOT of other spirits begging to be children of Marcy and David Jackson. Somehow I got the slot. Maybe God knew you guys could straighten me out ;)

with love,
Elder Ben Jackson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment