Monday, October 27, 2014

First Change Over

Hello!
Well we made it through the first change! Both my comp and I are staying, which I figured would happen, but you never know. This week has been great, though we've had some rough days. At least 3 days this week all of our appointments fell through, and we haven't been able to find one of our investigators with a baptismal date. We are pretty sure that she's fallen through. Still, things are looking up, and I know that as we keep working hard the Lord will bless us. This week I was in divisions with another missionary in the district, in my area, and we had a really good day. We went to find some future investigators and ended up entering into three consecutive houses and had lessons with all of them! That sort of thing doesn't happen very often.

Right now in the ward we are preparing for a temple trip in a couple weeks, and we've been working with our recent converts that haven't been to the temple with their family history so they can take some names with them. I really wish I had done more indexing before my mission, it really is awesome. But I guess sometimes you don't know a good thing til it's gone. Well I know for sure that when I come back I will want to do some more family history. Being out here teaching people the gospel and helping them to do the work of salvation for their own families has really opened my eyes a little more to the importance of helping the millions of people on the other side that are waiting to be baptized. 

This is the Lord's work, both here and on the other side of the veil. We are all enlisted, and He needs our help to gather in the wheat amidst the tares. We are His servants, and we can choose now to be a slothful one, or a true and faithful servant of the Lord, worthy to be counted as His friends. I know the Savior lives. I know that through His infinite grace and mercy we have the ability to repent of our sins and be forgiven. I know that one day we will stand before Him to be held accountable of everything we have done in this life. As for me, I am going to make sure I can enter into His presence, free of guilt, and full of love. I hope we all are willing to do what it takes to make it back to our Father in Heaven. I love you all and know the Lord loves you as well.

Have a wonderful week!
Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment