Monday, October 6, 2014

Cumplemes 2!! (2nd Monthly Anniversary)

Hello to all!

Today I have officially been on a mission for 2 months! It flies but doesn't at the same time. In retrospect it feels like a day, but more often than not it goes a little slow during the day. Everyone says it speeds up a lot though. Our area is still struggling a lot and it's been hard to find new investigators, especially with the traveling and time restrictions.

Man, this general conference was amazing! I had to watch Saturday in Espanol but I watched almost all of Sunday in English because Presidente Flores brought his laptop for us. I was so excited when that speaker started speaking in Korean! At least I guess it was Korean [actually, Cantonese]. And everyone that was there for conference got so happy when the other Seventy spoke in Spanish. I tried my best to understand the Spanish translations, but I feel like I lost a lot. That's okay though because we get the Liahonas in English and Spanish every month.

me, conference focused a lot on missionary work (there's a big surprise) and a lot on my future family. I loved Elder Scott's talk (I always do) about the 4 tools to being able to fortify ourselves and our families in this world. Prayer, Scripture study, regular family home evenings, and regular temple attendance. Also I loved Elder Bednar's talk. It was a perfect topic to wrap up General Conference I thought.

Well, there's not a whole lot else that I can think of that happened this week, but I went to a kid's birthday party and enjoyed the pinata experience first-hand for the first time!

Jesus Christ lives, and he loves every single one of us. He is here with me, helping me become the missionary and the man He wants me to be. It's not easy, but it is worth it. Patience and perseverance are the keys to success and growth in this life. I love you all, and wish you all a wonderful week filled with blessings and joy. Never let a moment pass you by!

With love,
Elder Jackson

 
Dear Family,
Wow, I really ran out of time today. Mom, I love you so much and you're amazing in everything you do. Dad, I already talked to you. Lynnae beat up all the stupid guys, and I give you permission to get married while I'm gone. Brian, you rock, have fun doing that school stuff (what's school?) Jess, enjoy every moment in the CCM and study like crazy, because it won't be enough, but it'll give you a head start. Hyrum I talked to you.

 Love you all, and I hope you all got great things out of general conference. I was a little disappointed that no new temples were announced, specifically one in Austin, TX. Still got 3 more conferences to go. I'm hoping.

Love,
Elder Ben Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment